WaterWorks employs only expert technicians in the plumbing field. We provide prompt and courteous service with attention to detail. Feel free to question our techniques – we want you, our customer, to be well informed about any repairs and/or alterations being made to your home.
EXAMPLES OF PLUMBING ISSUES WE CAN ADDRESS:
- Plumbing Alterations and Repairs
- New Additions or Extensions
- Leaky Faucets
- Leaking Water, Waste and Gas Pipes
- Stoppages in Sinks, Tubs and Main Drains
- Upgrades of Sinks, Faucets and Showers
If your basement sewer is too high for a bathroom install, we can provide an ejection system so that you can still have the basement bathroom or kitchen you’ve always wanted!
We also handle repairs to your plumbing and gas systems. We can help you prevent basement flooding with a battery backup sump pump or water-operated pump.
WaterWorks is equipped with a sewer camera for inspection, with digital pipe location capabilities.
NO HEAT? CHECK THE FOLLOWING:
- Is the boiler power switch in the “on” position?
- Is the remote boiler power switch in the “on” position?
- Is the power on in the house?
- Is the pilot lit?
- Is the thermostat set on “heat”?
Radiators can leak from several places. Usually, leaks occur at the shut-off or air valves. These are fairly simple repairs in most cases.
NOISY STEAM SYSTEM?
In a steam system, noise can most commonly be attributed to dirty water, a back-pitched pipe or a clogged return.
NOISY HOT WATER SYSTEM?
In a hot water system, noise can indicate a broken circulator pump, too much air in the system, or expansion or contraction of system piping.
LEAKS AT THE BOILER
Leaks can occur at controls, piping or boiler sections. Control and pipe leaks are usually repairable, but section leaks usually require replacement.
WATER HEATER PROBLEMS? CHECK THE FOLLOWING:
- Is the pilot on?
- Is the temperature dial set to the proper setting? (In winter, turn up due to colder water coming in.)
- Is the tank leaking or condensating? The leak can continue and get worse., and condensation will dry up and only happen when certain conditions are present.
- Does your hot water run out too quickly? This can be the result of the temperature being set too low, the age of tank sediment, old or broken controls or a cracked dip tube.
If the tank is over 10 years old, you may want to consider replacing it.
PLUMBING SYSTEM LEAKS ON WATER PIPES
Water pipe leaks can be due to
- Old pipes
- Poor water conditions
- Poor installation techniques
- Punctures and cuts.
PLUMBING SYSTEM LEAKS ON WASTE PIPES
Waste pipe leaks can occur in much of the same ways as water pipes, with the addition of:
- Improperly sized lines
- Improperly installed or pitched lines
- Harmful substances being poured into the lines, such as grease, food, etc.
Sinks, tubs or local stoppages are typically caused by the build-up of hair, grease or food particles, or improperly installed pipes.
Main sewer stoppages occur between the house and the street and are usually caused by tree roots that have grown into leaky joints below the ground or by flushing paper towels/wipes, sanitary napkins or items that shouldn’t be flushed down the toilet. In most cases, we can easily snake out the pipes with our sewer machines. Occasionally, lines may need to be replaced.
Leaky faucets are usually a simple repair. We change washers, “O” rings or, on newer faucets, the cartridge. These fixes can give new life to an old faucet.
There are many different toilets on the market today and most of the newer ones come with brand-specific parts which are usually readily available and usually an easy fix.
We can address all of the above plumbing issues and are just a call away!